Spotted this in scrapyard

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Scotty
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Spotted this in scrapyard

Post by Scotty » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Sweet Rides wrote:
The above info does not tie up with someone "in the know" who is a honest trader or even a barndoor owner for that matter!

"not sure how many windows, but lots ..." "RHD - early 50`s I think..."

He sounds as dodgy as F*+K to me!
Jesus christ man, will you chill out! He's a scrap yard owner who is very busy and doesn't say he knows everything. How you can suggest he's not honest from reading a bit of info on a web site is beyond me. If you don't like it then fair enough, but stop spouting ....

Dai
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Dai » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:02 pm

Ive dealt with Neil before, Honest and truthful, and I would happily deal with him again. As Ben says though, he is very laid back with the VW's, and he is a very busy man. 8)
In the pub after Hessisch.

Sweet Rides

Post by Sweet Rides » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Scotty wrote:
Sweet Rides wrote:
The above info does not tie up with someone "in the know" who is a honest trader or even a barndoor owner for that matter!

Jesus christ man, will you chill out! He's a scrap yard owner who is very busy and doesn't say he knows everything. How you can suggest he's not honest from reading a bit of info on a web site is beyond me. If you don't like it then fair enough, but stop spouting ....
Scotty, I don`t see what there is to like, or not like. I just made a simple observation that the following statements did not add up whatsoever (assuming that everones statements are truthful) and based on these statements, something sounded dodgy to me.

On the one hand -

Grant says - He owns a barndoor

Panel dave says - He`s certainly a dub dealer and certainly knows his stuff so anybody thinking its a scrappy not knowing the value of things think again.....

On the other hand -

He tells Volksdragon - Ive got some other busses a RHD one, I think it`s early 50`s 8O and I`ve got anther one with lots of windows but not sure how many :? .

67ben
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by 67ben » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:32 pm

He tells Volksdragon - Ive got some other busses a RHD one, I think it`s early 50`s and I`ve got anther one with lots of windows but not sure how many .

I would probably say the same to somebody i didnt know i wouldnt go saying what vans i had tucked away.
54 Kombi

Sweet Rides

Post by Sweet Rides » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:42 pm

67ben wrote:He tells Volksdragon - Ive got some other busses a RHD one, I think it`s early 50`s and I`ve got anther one with lots of windows but not sure how many .

I would probably say the same to somebody i didnt know i wouldnt go saying what vans i had tucked away.
If that was the senario, I would have thought it much safer and simpler to say that you didn`t have any more.

67ben
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by 67ben » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:04 pm

Sweet Rides wrote:
67ben wrote:He tells Volksdragon - Ive got some other busses a RHD one, I think it`s early 50`s and I`ve got anther one with lots of windows but not sure how many .

If that was the senario, I would have thought it much safer and simpler to say that you didn`t have any more.
you wouldnt have to look far in that area to see a split or 2
54 Kombi

Topic Author
Volksdragon

Post by Volksdragon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Sweet Rides wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sweet Rides wrote:

Scotty, I don`t see what there is to like, or not like. I just made a simple observation that the following statements did not add up whatsoever (assuming that everones statements are truthful) and based on these statements, something sounded dodgy to me.

On the one hand -

Grant says - He owns a barndoor

Panel dave says - He`s certainly a dub dealer and certainly knows his stuff so anybody thinking its a scrappy not knowing the value of things think again.....

On the other hand -

He tells Volksdragon - Ive got some other busses a RHD one, I think it`s early 50`s 8O and I`ve got anther one with lots of windows but not sure how many :? .
To hopefully draw a line under this post and nip any potentially slanderous allegations in the bud:

For the benefit of any potential buyer the guy I spoke to did not come over as dodgy or having anything to hide. He was perfectly friendly and helpful. We have never previously met. I was wearing a suit and tie and stood in a scrapyard possibly appearing rather ignorant and an unlikely customer to a chap in overalls. It is quite reasonable to assume that he might think that I had no level of understanding whatsoever re split bus terminology. He may have had none himself - I don't know.

To the vast majority of people a barn door is still a means of accessing a barn, and a samba is a brazilian dance. There is a website called The Samba. It has very few samba's on it and even less brazilian dancers.

Decent bloke. Decent project for someone. End of.

Dai
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Dai » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Volksdragon wrote:To the vast majority of people a barn door is still a means of accessing a barn, and a samba is a brazilian dance. There is a website called The Samba. It has very few samba's on it and even less brazilian dancers.
:lol: PMSL!! Dude, I have to borrow that if thats cool! :lol:
In the pub after Hessisch.

Topic Author
Volksdragon

Post by Volksdragon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Thank you for asking :D - permission to plagiarise it freely granted :wink: .

BJ1
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by BJ1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:35 am

I'm amazed that a split in a scrapyard can generate so much heat :lol:

But we've still not heard anything about the origins of the bra - is this a NOS bra or Welsh or maybe even a US non-walkthrough bra? Sweet Rides?????

I take it the van is pretty clean inside and hasn't been used for anything dodgy?
1966 Westy in Velvet Green - being restored
1967 Devon from Devon still in Devon
1967 Sundial from Idaho
1971 Westfalia from LA
1971 patina Delux from Montana now living in Germany
1972 Devon now owned by No 1 son!

boris1877

Post by boris1877 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:22 pm

JUST TO PROPER NIP THIS IN THE BUD THE BUS IN QUESTION IS NOW MINE ! YES THE FELLA IN QUESTION IS A TRADER AND A CRACKING CHAP I HAVE BOUGHT 4/5 VANS OF NEIL OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS AND IF ANYONE WANTED TO TALK BUSES AND HAVE A BREW HE WOULD BE FIRST I WOULD GO TO GOOD ALL ROUND EGG ! WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE PICS AND YES ITS VERY SOLID BUT DEAD ROOF THANKS ALL CRAIG
out of darkness cometh light

bu54ter
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bu54ter » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Hey guys,
Good luck with the project dude, u near wrexham? I work by the hospital, and have popped to see Neil on a few occasions, he'll talk bws's all day, as will all of us I think. From what I can remember, he's got more bws's than underpants, from the usual to the super rare!
Craig, if you need a hand with anything jsut shout, or i'll pop in for a brew and watch u work!
'59 15 Window Resto MAC 2007cc 135bhp
"What colour you going to paint it???"

boris1877

Post by boris1877 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:43 pm

hi mate thanks for that good bit of work to do but no welding under neath just roof ye im close to ya live near oswestry and all ways over looking at taffys stuff or neils lef us know where abouts you are an dwill come across and drink your tea and watch you work
out of darkness cometh light

lee c

Post by lee c » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Any more pics of the bra ??