UK Supplied Barndoors...

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.
A67 MAN
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: UK Supplied Barndoors...

Post by A67 MAN »

his name was Mr. S. K I N O S H I T A

cercorship :? :lol:
Floyd wrote: Does anyone in this forum have Dormatic seats? If you do I would love to come and touch them.
Mike1973 wrote:Jayfors lovely hack job :blackeye: -
58 Devon
SH11TT #2 OFFSHORE CHAPTER
Image "

Rich Oakley

Post by Rich Oakley »

David Eccles wrote:add CPV 71 54/5 Kombi
pics in Campervan Crazy p42...feel free to scan and post up!
Thanks Dave. That was the one I was refering to above in my original post (camping pics from the 1960s). Thanks for the permission to scan the pics.

Rich.

Mike1973
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Mike1973 »

lowdown dirty rat wrote:What about the green patina 54 Burmese bus. It was first registered In the uk before export out to Burma. Maybe that's what happened to alot of the uk buses? Sent out to our colonial countries?
This one?

Rich Oakley

Post by Rich Oakley »

lowdown dirty rat wrote:What about the green patina 54 Burmese bus. It was first registered In the uk before export out to Burma. Maybe that's what happened to alot of the uk buses? Sent out to our colonial countries?
Was it actually registered in the UK in 1954? Do we have proof of that, or did it just say on the birth certificate- 'Country of destination- England'. I know of a number of cars in Australia that have this exact thing on their Wolfsburg birth certificates, but have never been within 10,000 miles of these shores. These particular cars were ordered through Volkswagen Motors Ltd (GB) as the particular models were not available through Volkswagen Australia Pty. (Karmann Cabriolets and Karmann Ghias in these cases).
Similarly, I've heard stories about VWs ordered through the Volkswagen Motors Ltd. because the countries in question where the buyer lived did not have a VW network (African countries), but the buyers were British expats.

I suspect this is the likely scenario with the Burmese bus.

Rich Oakley

Post by Rich Oakley »

Mike1973 wrote:
This one?

Mike,

I think the green 'Burma-mobile' that was being refered to was the KK one?

Rich.

Rich Oakley

Post by Rich Oakley »

A67 MAN wrote:
Rich Oakley wrote:
A67 MAN wrote:I had it down to six survivors Rich....I have heard of another not on your list oh heres the other you "forgot" about :wink: :lol:

http://www.ssvc.ukshells.co.uk/phpbb/vi ... hilit=bdkk
Ahh yes Ian, the one I forgot about. I remember now :lol: I'll add it to above now.

Any info on the other one you've heard about?
My six did not include the pick up.....it's a project down on the south coast...all the best ones are up north :D

Kenny's owned his since 1967 and is now used daily 8O with one previous Japanese owner Mr S .... who chose a panel van and converted it on purchase to a camper with the windows seen it the picture (Kenny has now reinstalled the original blue leather camping interior 8) ) the main two reasons two for this being the windows in the kombi were too big (he was a small chap :wink: ) and the panel van was cheaper (price not shown on you list ) van originally supplied by VW dealers in Lytham Lancs

Ian,

I think you mentioned this mystery South coast pick-up to me some time ago. Do you have any more info?

Kenny's bus is legendary! ... and as I've said before, I want it when it comes up for sale, simply becasue of the blue leather interior.

Rich.

Scotty
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Scotty »

Awesome thread Rich!

David Eccles
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by David Eccles »

yes VWs 1954 RHD barndoor (on current) Camper and CommercialC mag cover was one of those imported to England and then shipped out direct to Oz as described above
There are two Burmese 1954s..one of which actually has Burmese Embassy London as customer on birth certificate - now not sure if they ordered it to use in Uk or ship directly out as in the Aussie scenarios thinking over seems much more likely to be the latter....
David
Drive your bus; enjoy your bus

nick
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by nick »

Scotty wrote:Awesome thread Rich!
here here... what a great thread...

nick
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by nick »

Mike1973 wrote:
how nice is this... 8)

RockStock

Post by RockStock »

nick wrote:
Mike1973 wrote:
how nice is this... 8)
very 8)
just needs the plate sorting
StockRocks
SSSVC Membership applied for

A67 MAN
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by A67 MAN »

Rich Oakley wrote:
A67 MAN wrote:
My six did not include the pick up.....it's a project down on the south coast...all the best ones are up north :D

Kenny's owned his since 1967 and is now used daily 8O with one previous Japanese owner Mr S .... who chose a panel van and converted it on purchase to a camper with the windows seen it the picture (Kenny has now reinstalled the original blue leather camping interior 8) ) the main two reasons two for this being the windows in the kombi were too big (he was a small chap :wink: ) and the panel van was cheaper (price not shown on you list ) van originally supplied by VW dealers in Lytham Lancs

Ian,

I think you mentioned this mystery South coast pick-up to me some time ago. Do you have any more info?

Kenny's bus is legendary! ... and as I've said before, I want it when it comes up for sale, simply becasue of the blue leather interior.

Rich.
Sorry Rich slight misunderstanding...as you can see I wrote that in a rush by the many mistakes :lol: itching to get some work done on my bus :wink:
A67 MAN wrote:
My six did not include the pick up.....
meaning the six I know about do not include the pick up you mentioned I was unaware of that one 8O 8) ....the "other" I was refering to is a Kombi (no komib's on your list)... details are sketchy and it only come to light through conversation at a show...

BTW Kenny is aware of this thread and it ain't for sale :wink: :lol:
Floyd wrote: Does anyone in this forum have Dormatic seats? If you do I would love to come and touch them.
Mike1973 wrote:Jayfors lovely hack job :blackeye: -
58 Devon
SH11TT #2 OFFSHORE CHAPTER
Image "

Byron Bamboo
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Byron Bamboo »

Great thread! My bus is feb 54 so one of the first I assume be keen to know of others the is one in Portsmouth owned by a guy called Alwx New cracking 11 window OG paint bus
The Gaffa Tape Tour 2007

'58 RHD PGSG Microbus

Rich Oakley

Post by Rich Oakley »

Thread updated.

bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli »

These were posted on thesamba Aug '09