Swampcoolers!!

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.
kilgore

Swampcoolers!!

Post by kilgore »

Looking for pics of swampcoolers fitted to buses! need to see how they fit ideally anyone know? Ive seen them on bugs just curious how you make it work on a split with sliding glass!

also has anyone got any pics of the french panel van that i think was knocking around last summer. On air ride with crazy pointed steering wheel. Blue i think.

cheers

Dave

acmecustom
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Swampcoolers!!

Post by acmecustom »

kilgore wrote:Looking for pics of swampcoolers fitted to buses! need to see how they fit ideally anyone know? Ive seen them on bugs just curious how you make it work on a split with sliding glass!

also has anyone got any pics of the french panel van that i think was knocking around last summer. On air ride with crazy pointed steering wheel. Blue i think.

cheers

Dave
Im 50/50 you mean this one mate. . .

although there is another very similar.

as for fitting a swamp cooler.. I fitted this thermador last year.

the sliding window had to go unfortunately... . :wink:

kilgore

Post by kilgore »

not that one dude i think it was much more shiny! more chrome perhaps? metallic blue possibly? had a crazy skull shifter and a sun visor, think it might have been even featured in volksworld!

just after posting i was pretty sure you had fitted a cooler too! is that the only way? one piece?

kilgore

Post by kilgore »

just found it on an old jayfor thread! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35876&p=263436&hili ... el#p263436 looks like he has kept the slider! need more pics close up anyone :D

chew1973
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by chew1973 »

I know this thread's a little old, jut just posted up on the SSVC FB page, as also interested in close ups from the inside as to how they work with sliding glass

clymoj

Post by clymoj »

Seen this at a few shows. Fellows Speedshop bus I think.

http://www.sucksqueezebangblow.co/2014/ ... ittie.html

Not sure if anyone has better photos, if you can contact them direct?