splittycalendar.com 2010 from Aussie - group deal

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
Mike1973
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

splittycalendar.com 2010 from Aussie - group deal

Post by Mike1973 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:24 am

Right, through the perks of giving some people the misguided impression that I am an editor, I have in front of me one of the best calendars I have ever seen - the Splitty Calendar 2010, all the way from Australia. 8)

It has been produced and funded for by a vw nut called Rawdyn, who is passionate about Splits, and it shows in the calendar. You can tell it's been done by an enthusiast. Unfortunatley Rawdyn has had to have some pretty major surgury on his back, and this has put a spanner in the works in getting the mag out in time for 2010, and he is trying to catch up after being out of action for 2 months...

I can do a review in the mag to help him out, but it won't come out til February now, not much good in the calendar trade :lol: So I'll put it on the forum instead 8)

The design geek in me loved the layout, the photography snob loved the photos, the wannabe editor in me loved that fact that that there is a good dollop of info on the owners and buses featured, and the print geek loved the fact it was a nice paper stock... Yes it is pricey at nearly £14 including international postage (AUD $24.96) but you do get what you pay for. After seeing it myself I would have no regrets at all buying it, and I'd be chuffed to bits if I got it as a gift... (I did, and I was... :oops: )

Me and Rawdyn are trying to work out a deal were he sends a batch over to me, so we can drop the price a bit with bulk postage (Like the Bus Will Take You There thread) We're hoping we can get the price down to about £12, and that although the chances of getting the calendars to you by Christmas are slim, it shouldn't be long afterwards.

I'll start the ball rolling by getting one for my sis, I'm always late getting her a present anyway.

Here's the link for anyone wanting to buy one direct -

http://www.splittycalendar.com/sb_clien ... lendar.cfm

Angel Delight

Re: splittycalendar.com 2010 from Aussie - group deal

Post by Angel Delight » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:38 am

Yes please I want one :D

Maria

David Eccles
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by David Eccles » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:50 pm

these are absolutely the best
well worth the money and and even if you miss some of Jan you wont want to write on it anyway!
Hey mike..wanna job as reviewer :wink:
I'll just get me coat 8O
David
Drive your bus; enjoy your bus

lammyrider
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by lammyrider » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:15 pm

got it for the last 3 years and its a cracking calendar :D shame the dog attacked mine this year :roll:

Topic Author
Mike1973
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Mike1973 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:43 am

Right, should have a box of 20 coming over from Aussie asap 8)

Dave, just send anything my way if you need it reviewed 8)

http://www.21stcenturyradio.com/lightbus/index.html

When's my 'Light' bus turning up then :wink:

Rawdyn

Post by Rawdyn » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Thanks for the kind words and support. I have boxed up 20 calendars and I'm on my way to the post office now.

Thanks to Mike for assisting the re-distribution. This is what has allowed us to get the price down as much as possible. We look forward to hopefully making similar arrangements next year and offering SSVC members special prices for the 2011 issue too.

Now, there are only 20 at this price and it is first in best dressed so send a PM to Mike if you want one of the SSVC discounted Splitty Calendars.

20 only available at £11 includes delivery!

Neil, I have sent a new calendar your way... keep it out of reach of the dog huh. :grommit:

Here is a view of one month from the calendar...

Topic Author
Mike1973
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Mike1973 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Nice one Rawdyn :salute:

I shall dispatch orders asap as soon as the calendars come in, and yes paypal is fine.... 8)

Mike.

SPLIT 1

Post by SPLIT 1 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:56 am

Had last years and now got 2010.
These have to be the best around

And what beats the others, each month has a story on the van/owner

Dave
64 RHD 13 window deluxe

?????????

Waiting??????

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Yep, these are great, got one this year, (cheers mate :wink: ) so can highly recommend them.
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

23A
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by 23A » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:59 am

..if they sell out/oversell, drop me a line & i'll sort out collecting some while i'm out there late Dec/Jan 2010............................................................................. :wink: :twisted: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cheers:
Image Image
http://www.earlyvw.com

..now an agent for Butty's Bits ..

Rawdyn

Post by Rawdyn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 am

23A wrote:..if they sell out/oversell, drop me a line & i'll sort out collecting some while i'm out there late Dec/Jan 2010............................................................................. :wink: :twisted: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cheers:
If you are actually coming out let me know. If you are headed anywhere near Melbourne You are welcome for dinner to to stay (so long as you like cats).

23A
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by 23A » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Rawdyn wrote:
23A wrote:..if they sell out/oversell, drop me a line & i'll sort out collecting some while i'm out there late Dec/Jan 2010............................................................................. :wink: :twisted: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cheers:
If you are actually coming out let me know. If you are headed anywhere near Melbourne You are welcome for dinner to to stay (so long as you like cats).
..MANY thanks :D ..i fly into Sydney on 29thDec- staying with a buddie in Manley, Sydney for a couple of weeks surfing....that's just up the road from you, no?..... :? :wink: :twisted:
Image Image
http://www.earlyvw.com

..now an agent for Butty's Bits ..

lammyrider
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by lammyrider » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:14 pm

8O cheers for that, thats awesome :D you didnt have too,the wife made a great job of sticking it all back together :D :D
right off to book my holidays to oz and abuse someones hospitality,even if they do have cats :lol: :lol:

Rawdyn

Post by Rawdyn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:48 pm

23A wrote:...
..MANY thanks :D ..i fly into Sydney on 29thDec- staying with a buddie in Manley, Sydney for a couple of weeks surfing....that's just up the road from you, no?..... :? :wink: :twisted:
Ehh... everyone goes to Sydney. You need to pop down to Melbourne and visit the real cultural centre of Australia. :wink:

Actually I might be driving the Splitty up to Sydney in Jan to get a new (old) steering box shoved in the '58. I'll let you know if that goes ahead and we'll catch up for a coffee at least.
lammyrider wrote:8O cheers for that, thats awesome :D you didnt have too,the wife made a great job of sticking it all back together :D :D
right off to book my holidays to oz and abuse someones hospitality,even if they do have cats :lol: :lol:
No trouble mate. You have been a great supporter of us, it's very much appreciated. Oh, and of course you are more than welcome to pay us a visit and stay a while. Here is one of the cats you would meet... His name is Merlin....

And just to make you feel right at home you can borrow our other car...

lammyrider
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by lammyrider » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:10 pm

has merlin got small ears or really BIG eyes 8O
he's got that sweet cat look of fuss me now or you'll get scratched :D :D