Orb, plesase call me on......

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.
User avatar

23A
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 11490
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:28 am
Location: Broadstairs, centre of the universe..
Contact:

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by 23A » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 am

orb wrote:
23A wrote:...LUSH :D 8)

I hope to make it to the RR tomorrow with my new lump..we'll just have to wait & see.. :roll: :? :twisted:

You too - what ya got Tim?
1955; bought off here last year- got it in & running , but snapped throttle cable :evil: -STILL waiting for replacement ordered from SSP on mon..don't look like its coming today! :roll: :evil:
Image
Image Image
http://www.earlyvw.com

..now an agent for Butty's Bits ..

User avatar

orb
Registered user
Posts: 2474
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Kingston upon Thames

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by orb » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:57 pm

23A wrote:
orb wrote:
23A wrote:...LUSH :D 8)

I hope to make it to the RR tomorrow with my new lump..we'll just have to wait & see.. :roll: :? :twisted:

You too - what ya got Tim?
1955; bought off here last year- got it in & running , but snapped throttle cable :evil: -STILL waiting for replacement ordered from SSP on mon..don't look like its coming today! :roll: :evil:
Image



Oufff - that looks lovely Tim - the Beltek's gonna be a flyer......
:D
Image

My Bus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7deu8L0ra4
PB 15.126 @ 83.26 mph EBI 2015

User avatar

dubbus56
Registered user
Posts: 2492
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:19 pm
Location: Skinta Towers
Contact:

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by dubbus56 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:37 pm

23A wrote: Image
Nice filters! :wink:
Shame you're not closer Tim, we've got throttle cables here.

Ben
1 67 13 and 2332 makes Ben a happy boy!
http://www.skintaracing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.raceshack.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


shawn
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:49 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by shawn » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Sounds like a rocket Orb 8)
RHD '63 13 window deluxe
1989 BMW E30 M3

User avatar

orb
Registered user
Posts: 2474
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Kingston upon Thames

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by orb » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:26 am

A quick update for you now that it's back


It's 110% barking!!!!!

OMG - I thought it was pretty rapid before but this is not just in a different league it's playing a whole new game - the power just keeps on coming and coming (do I hear over 90mph in 3rd!)

The way it pulls from say 50 to 90 is mental - the looks on peoples faces when you are joining a motorway is priceless.

I won't thank the guys on this thread as It deserves and will get one all of it's own for a wider audience (but thanks boys :wink: )

Orb
Image

My Bus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7deu8L0ra4
PB 15.126 @ 83.26 mph EBI 2015

User avatar

23A
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 11490
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:28 am
Location: Broadstairs, centre of the universe..
Contact:

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by 23A » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:47 am

dubbus56 wrote:
23A wrote: Image
Nice filters! :wink:
Shame you're not closer Tim, we've got throttle cables here.

Ben
..sorry, Dude - not getting prompts ( AGAIN! :evil: )..THANKS FOR THE THOUGHT - & THE PM-off to the RR this arvo, fingers crossed... :?
Image Image
http://www.earlyvw.com

..now an agent for Butty's Bits ..

User avatar

dubbus56
Registered user
Posts: 2492
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:19 pm
Location: Skinta Towers
Contact:

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by dubbus56 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:15 am

orb wrote:A quick update for you now that it's back


It's 110% barking!!!!!

OMG - I thought it was pretty rapid before but this is not just in a different league it's playing a whole new game - the power just keeps on coming and coming (do I hear over 90mph in 3rd!)

The way it pulls from say 50 to 90 is mental - the looks on peoples faces when you are joining a motorway is priceless.

I won't thank the guys on this thread as It deserves and will get one all of it's own for a wider audience (but thanks boys :wink: )

Orb
Thought you might like it. :D

Ben
1 67 13 and 2332 makes Ben a happy boy!
http://www.skintaracing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.raceshack.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


surreysplit
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 5608
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Surrey....ish
Contact:

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by surreysplit » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Saw you on your drive tinkering on sat afternoon m8, was stuck in the traffic long enough to take a peek , looks awesome :wink:
SSVC FORUM MODERATOR












________________________________

User avatar

orb
Registered user
Posts: 2474
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Kingston upon Thames

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by orb » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:49 am

Yep - quick oil and filter change - you should have stopped mate or at least shouted out of the window :wink:

Bloody new B&Q - hope that traffic gets better or me thinks it's time to move....

Orb
Image

My Bus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7deu8L0ra4
PB 15.126 @ 83.26 mph EBI 2015

User avatar

paulbugman
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:22 am
Location: junction 9 m25

Re: Orb, plesase call me on......

Post by paulbugman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:49 pm

that b & q orb is huge and such a eye sore

Post Reply