Bored isolation

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.
philsparks
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Bored isolation

Post by philsparks »

Perhaps a discussion on dream plans,
Always thought I would like to go to buses at the bridge in USA. Has anyone ever gone. Saw a write up in Hay burner..

What are the best one off trips people have done?

Phil

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Max Last
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Bored isolation

Post by Max Last »

Not to a show, just a trip down memory lane, I decided a trip in the bus to Sweden was in order last summer.
We lived there when my Dad worked there in the early 70’s, so he came along too, we drove up from Dunkirk, purposely avoiding the ferry from Germany as i wanted to drive over the big bridges in Denmark.
Visited Kungälv where we had lived, went to Bug Run classic, visited former colleagues/friends he/we hadn’t seen in forty years, and dropped in on a Swedish family I’d met at a UK show.
Bothering the blinkered since 1969.

Max Last
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Max Last »

In light of how this year is going, i suggest any plans/dreams/mad ideas should be made to happen, if we had waited, we wouldn’t now be doing it.
Bothering the blinkered since 1969.

philsparks
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by philsparks »

I quite agree, I had been planning a road trip through France for later this year, so will have more time now to fine tune it.
Perhaps take in some of Germany.

Live for the moment I say.

You all take care.

Phil

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

type21f
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by type21f »

Likewise was planning doing on Scotland West Coast and then doing Cherbourg Peninsula and Pink Granite coast pitching up on the sea front municipal park sites..
Dooh
1965 Type21f
Westfalia Hamburg Type155i 003 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=64012
1965 Devon Caravette, L360 L289 Hammock, Tent, M W Pop
Peebles 1964 Devon Caravette Gentlux Pop

David Eccles
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by David Eccles »

I've just been looking at the "new" Snowdonia 360 website
think by time we can finally all get out again it will be shut after an hour with too many tourists though ;)
David
Drive your bus; enjoy your bus

Nocky
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Nocky »

My dream trip actually just happened, I was messaging my body shop guy and he said he was still at work, I explained how bored I was so he offered to get my bus up on his ramps (Which are somewhat isolated in the corner) and I could work on the underside of my bus to my hearts content. I’ve spent 4 days this week, in between 4-6 hours per day removing road crud and all old under seal off the whole underside. I’ve also prepped for the new underside protection (Por15 / gravitax) by coating the whole area with rust converter, after the new under seal stuff, we fit the new samba type belly pans. Happy days indeed and helped keep me sane. Off in again tomorrow for second coating of rust converter.
I’ve also done some other “tinkering” / “spannering” during the times when it felt like I’d lost all feeling in my arms lol
1964 Microbus US import - The dream has become reality :bs:

GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Put some grease into the beam and king n link pins