Camperjam 2019

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
Iroc-2
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Camperjam 2019

Post by Iroc-2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:47 am

Hi, a few of us are going to camperjam for the first time this year. Leaving Gloucester around 9 am and driving up the old road avoiding motorways,
any one else going?

MonkeyPants
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Re: Camperjam 2019

Post by MonkeyPants » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Yes. We'll be heading up from London Friday morning sometime. Not sure yet what route I'll take, but will be camping in the club field so hopefully see you there. We've not been before, either.
Cheers,
Brent

David Eccles
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by David Eccles » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Look forwards to meeting you all and to a good turnout of splits on the SSVC area :) (we get our own nice toilet block too) and don't forget SSVC / Split bus line up on Saturday - some guy with dreads will be coming to find you!
David
Drive your bus; enjoy your bus

Topic Author
Iroc-2
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Iroc-2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Oh, I didn't realise ssvc had there own area to camp, I,ve booked into the big field.We are ssvc members with membership cards. There is a bay campervan coming with us

David Eccles
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by David Eccles » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Be nice to have you all camped up with other splits - Early Bay camp on same area as well.
Easy to sort if you fancy it - phone 01244 881895 ask for Emma and ask her to change you all to SSVC Club Camping ... more the merrier
(Plus it's closer than other camping areas + we have a toilet block not portaloos + it's a nice vibe :wink: )
Any probs at all get back to me as ......
David
David

Topic Author
Iroc-2
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Iroc-2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:32 am

Well back from Camperjam for the first time and I must say we really enjoyed it. A big thank you for David Eccels for informing us about the ssvc field or other wise we would be over the hill and far away. The weather was kind to us apart from a minor blip on Saturday.The entertainment was very good, a bit different from Reggy and Bolly( some people will understand).Overall we will definitely going back next year, a one to put into our diary.

Nigel

David Eccles
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by David Eccles » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:52 am

Sorry I missed you Nige but glad you got sorted
What a really excellent air cooled turnout on display, esp sunday show n shine with 25 Splits - some new to me. It was good to see classic bus owners turning up in force and showing real buses to people!!!! And that immaculate SWR Split single cab complete with tarp and bows and with Porsche engine that won Best in Show - wow! Thank you, it warmed my heart to see so many lovely Splits (and bays!)
Thanks too to SSVC folks who did a stirling job helping marshall and park everyone up so smoothly ...and to Rikki for talking all weekend on the PA!
David

ted698
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by ted698 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:33 pm

It was a fantastic turn out for the Show n Shine.... I was really expecting to see an ever falling aircooled attendance and it be taken over by the T5 crew like Busfest but was gladly surprised to see a full T1 class turnout! Great Show 👍

vagcar
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by vagcar » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:19 pm

i agree year on year there seems to be a diminishing number of air cooled vehicles, disappointing to say the least but great to see the 25 or so that did.
Fantastic weekend and credit to the organisers once again, it cant be an easy task.
weather is one of two obstacles in life.... the other is called a wife