Dubfreeze

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
Doka Dave
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Dubfreeze

Post by Doka Dave » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:41 pm

As I couldn't go for the first time in 15 years, I've got a real sense of FOMO.
Did anybody take any pics? If so, please put some up and put me out of misery!
Cheers,
DD
--------------------------
Member since 1996.

Official SSVC Quizmaster :) :) :) :)
-------------------------

Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Re: Dubfreeze

Post by Dougie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:49 am

I don't think you missed out on anything Dave, I'm not sure what was wrong this year but there were some very big gaps in the traders. The smaller end hall which is usually rammed with autojumble had about a dozen cars for sale around the edge with middle empty. The autojumble was upstairs, but upstairs didn't seem any busier for gaining it. There were wider aisles and still room for at least a dozen display cars in the main hall. Megabug were an obvious one that wasn't there but there must have been others.
Still a good day out, got all the bits I needed (Thank you Mr Schofield) so I'll be back next year. Sorry no pics though...
SSVC Committee - New Members

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:57 am

I wonder if the price increases caused it.
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SCAT, Kennedy Clutches, CB Performance & FIRETEC. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

Topic Author
Doka Dave
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Doka Dave » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:08 pm

We always come down and make a long weekend of it and this is the first time I haven't been in ages so glad I didn't miss much!
Cheers guys,
DD
--------------------------
Member since 1996.

Official SSVC Quizmaster :) :) :) :)
-------------------------

silversteve
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by silversteve » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:01 pm

I was upstairs selling in the auto jumble nowhere near the same amount of foot traffic this year. Not sure why the auto jumble was move.

And don't get me started on all of the water cooled taking pride of place in the middle of the main hall

Steve

FBI

Post by FBI » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 pm

i think it needs someone to rescue it like Vince has with Slough Swapmeet. He really has done a great job with that.

The line of watercooled cars taking the centre plot did the show no favours at all. I’m not into watercooled at all and think an effort to support the shows Aircooled heritage would work better.
Very noticeable drop in attendance year on year.
How small can it get before it fizzles out?

Perhaps the organiser living in Oz doesn’t help.
FBI VW. Classic VW vehicles and parts.
W: http://www.fbivw.com
E: info@fbivw.com
T: 01792 927672

ted698
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by ted698 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:28 pm

They really need to get some attending cars in the actual Showground - got turned away at the gate in my Split even though I was there a 8.10am.... got to park across the road 2 muddy fields away.... gee thanks!

Saw loads of cars turned away at the gate - but there was space to park some up - even if its just down the side of the service roads.

Without the cars there is no show IMO - yes have the vendor halls - and I really enjoy a good ferret around - but I also want to look at the cars - there were virtually no aircooled cars to look at really...

I used to go to this Showground in the '90's with the Triumph Sport Six Club - ALL people arriving in a Triumph Car got parked up in one of the big Livestock Sheds - which are massive - so you could look a round the cars - this would make it more like the DTA for example - and we all know how popular that was.

And those 'bad boy' Lupos and Golfs in the centre of the show hall this year??!*#! - words fail me.....

e m p i

Post by e m p i » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:42 pm

I used to go when it was still Bug Freeze. By the sounds of it I’m glad I don’t bother any more. I can’t think of anything more boring, except football, than walking around a load of Max Pants style boy racer water cooled cars in the freezing cold.
"...scum is scum wherever you go" D.C.I. Gene Hunt

0.018 reaction time:Empster July 2005 with a timing slip to prove it
Sooty wrote: You are a god Lee. :cheers: