Parts for sale section

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
silversteve
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Parts for sale section

Post by silversteve » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Is it just my crap :D or has everyone else's sale's now very slow?

Steve
Last edited by silversteve on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

readyboy61
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Parts for sale section

Post by readyboy61 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:42 pm

ssvc facebook has taken alot of traffic away and it seems people are happy with repro .... these days. I have a good cab door top which as you know can be quite hard to find up for sale, ive dropped the price and still not shifting which kind of surprises me
Fixing VWs in my sleep, im not the only one right?

vwbuzzers
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by vwbuzzers » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 pm

Facebook I'm afraid. :(

malum
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by malum » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:39 am

I hate Facebook. Despite this I requested access (or whatever I needed to do) for the SSVC Facebook page and never heard back.
The club's web presence and responses to web queries, both here and on Facebook, leaves a lot to be desired.
Last edited by malum on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Le Counte de JAYFOR
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Le Counte de JAYFOR » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Facecrook is going to kill any closeness we have towards each other as friends now. Its a free for all site and don't find it as friendly as this one.

Might as well lock the doors on this one buzzers, and switch the light off on the way out, end of an era :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

e m p i

Post by e m p i » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm guilty of this :(
I registered on faceache just for the ssvc and Canterbury Pitt forums and do t use it for anything else. In fact when people ask if I'm on faceache I say yes but only for van stuff so don't bother trying to find/message me because you're wasting your time and I won't reply :lol:
I don't even like the way faceache is set out as it seems like you look at a post then 10 minutes later you can't find it again :x:
It does seem a lot more impersonal than here and the fact that people put for sale adverts with no price proper gets on my pip.

It seems a lot busier on there than here as well but no idea why that is. I guess it's just the way the world of social media is evolving. Unfortunately.

Build threads on here are still better reading though as you don't have to spend 20 minutes trying to find something you read 10 minutes ago :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"...scum is scum wherever you go" D.C.I. Gene Hunt

0.018 reaction time:Empster July 2005 with a timing slip to prove it
Sooty wrote: You are a god Lee. :cheers:

Doka Dave
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Doka Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:10 pm

It's an interesting one but what bothers me is how the club manages their internet presence whether it's here or on FB like Malum mentioned earlier.

IMHO you need to support all three club comms outlets (club mag, FB and here) in equal measure so that every paid up member always gets to hear what's going on and the true knowledge and mutual support of all the membership is shared and preserved for easy future reference which is to all our benefit.
Just my two pence worth
D-not-on-FB-D
--------------------------
Member since 1996.

Official SSVC Quizmaster 2014-2018 :) :) :) :)
-------------------------

malum
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by malum » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:42 am

This reminded me to once again to try and register for the group on Facebook (which I did yesterday)
Haven't heard anything back yet, and am not holding my breath.
I also much prefer a forum. It's easier to navigate and follow individual threads.
Facebook is probably better for selling things as everyone will get to see it (well not me since it won't let me join) right on their feed. For everything else it's no good though.

goose
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by goose » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:26 pm

I agree, FB will be the death of this place. I am on FB and access the SSVC pages through there but I don't like it's delivery as much as the forums, sadly thought there are much more people on there and probably quite a lot that have come along more recently and not used the forum much if at all. It's going to end one way as it stands, the same way another of my faves went - Volkstorque, they have shut their forum now :(, I don't bother with their FB page.
Russ

Aspro

Post by Aspro » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Facebook is NOT the killer. We are.
When we stop contributing the forum goes downhill.

Doka Dave
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Doka Dave » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Aspro wrote:Facebook is NOT the killer. We are.
When we stop contributing the forum goes downhill.
This!
Well said 8)
DD
Member since 1996.

Max Last
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Max Last » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:06 pm

The committee are looking for new blood ,looking at the latest mag, could be a chance to make some changes about how things are run, sold, joined, valued or even how the club contacts the rest of the world.
Bothering the blinkered since 1969.

ScottyN
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by ScottyN » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:22 pm

I'm guilty of using the (many!) pages on FB but have to say, without it I wouldn't have picked up some parts. Equally though, I posted up a picture of a cooker and cabinet that came with my Devon and was messaged by someone telling my how it was a missing piece in their Canterbury Pitt. I sold it for a BARGAIN price, happy in the knowledge I'd helped another splitty owner out and it was going to a well deserved home.

I then saw the same guy selling it for 4x the price at a show less than a month later :roll:

I shall continue to 'lurk' on the build threads, something it seems FB can't recreate!

Doka Dave
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Doka Dave » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Max Last wrote:The committee are looking for new blood ,looking at the latest mag, could be a chance to make some changes about how things are run, sold, joined, valued or even how the club contacts the rest of the world.
Done already! :wink:
Member since 1996.

readyboy61
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by readyboy61 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:14 pm

I use both but only because I'm now forced to use the Facebook page as that is where stuff go's up for sale, however as a resource for information Facebook cannot compete,
Fixing VWs in my sleep, im not the only one right?