Ricardo Jimenez in LA

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
RON SMITH
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Ricardo Jimenez in LA

Post by RON SMITH » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:41 am

Anyone know this guy in the USA, he has a bus I like but having never imported a bus I would like feedback if any on this guy, he is in LA, he appears to ship buses anywhere for approx $1400, anyone know anyone out in the USA or is going over there who can check the bus out and maybe help out with advice etc.

Info/Help appreciated

Ron

It's a 15 window Turkis bus on the samba
SIMPLES,,,,

1962 15 Window Deluxe

52 Golf v6 4 motion

vwed

Re: Ricardo Jimenez in LA

Post by vwed » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:20 pm

All ads on the samba have a feedback tab you can click to see if there is any feedback on the seller. Also the length of time the seller has been a samba member is listed. A long time member with some positive feedback would be a good recommendation.

modifiedbrian
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by modifiedbrian » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:20 pm

Ron, I'll ask my man on the west coast. Previous owner of my bus. He seems to know most people.
2276cc fuel injected turbo 1967 SO42
Best ET 14.66

YOUR ONLY SUPPOSE TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF !!!!

Aspro

Post by Aspro » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Don't know if you can see the thread below, but it's someone in Oz asking a similar question a week ago. It would appear he's also after the same bus.

Reviews are mixed. Some people have had good dealings with him, others have been screwed around. http://melburgluft.com/viewtopic.php?t=15289&highlight=

Topic Author
RON SMITH
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by RON SMITH » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks guys, if I had been online yesterday I could have had BeetleBens 21 window and would not need any info on Ricardo, anyway, much appreciated.

Ron
SIMPLES,,,,

1962 15 Window Deluxe

52 Golf v6 4 motion

beetleben

Post by beetleben » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:09 pm

I am gutted you missed it but I really did try and give members a heads up viewtopic.php?f=14&t=106844

Topic Author
RON SMITH
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by RON SMITH » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Appreciated Ben, I did post on the samba website for a 15 window but never to try for a Turkis 21 window, thought it would be easy for a 15 window but it turned out that some are good and some are not what I was looking for, Damn, can't tell you how gutted I am but saying that I was a tiny bit short on the price, kids no presents for Xmas lol in fact I would have to cancel Xmas and go into hiding till next year, it's my fault because I was holding back on the budget I had as maybe someone then would have let me know of your bus, ever get that sick feeling in your stomach, that's how I feel right now, ah well, all I can say is good luck with the sale Ben and someone seems to be getting a real nice bus, just hope it's not a trader who is just going to flip it back into the scene.

Ta

Ron
SIMPLES,,,,

1962 15 Window Deluxe

52 Golf v6 4 motion