Van wanted for Classic Cars cover shot

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Van wanted for Classic Cars cover shot

Post by Dougie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:53 am

Anybody interested ? I will forward the original email to anyone who fancies getting out of the house, though I'm not sure where it stands on 'essential travel'...

I’m looking for a good, original-specification example of a split-window VW Camper to feature in a Classic Cars cover photoshoot, to be shot at the Longcross test track at Chobham, Surrey, on April 15th, 16th or 17th(date tbc, weather dependent), and I wondered whether you could potentially put me in touch with an owner who would be willing to bring their car along.

I would like to reassure them that, unlike our usual photoshoots, we will be observing all current social-distancing protocols, remaining at least two metres apart at all times, and using hand-sanitiser before driving the cars. Interviews will be conducted by telephone after the shoot has concluded.

Do you know of anyone in the Surrey area with an appropriate car who would be interested in helping out?

Many thanks,

Sam Dawson

News Editor
Classic Cars magazine
SSVC Club President
SSVC Committee - Membership Secretary

Terry
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Van wanted for Classic Cars cover shot

Post by Terry » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:57 am

If only my van would run :( thought it was carburetor but my Trevor and Matthew have striped mine down and put it back and I still have a problem. They are going to look at fuel pump next week. I would do this if they get the van running but probably unlikely.
[color=#800080]Just for the record YES I am female and YES Terry is my real name!![/color]

Fighting Motor Neurone Disease
http://www.mndassociation.org

Topic Author
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Re: Van wanted for Classic Cars cover shot

Post by Dougie » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 pm

I don't think the present restrictions will be lifted in time for anybody to do this photo shoot. Stay safe...
SSVC Club President
SSVC Committee - Membership Secretary