Anyone fitted a Concept Racing fuel tank recently?

BJ1
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Anyone fitted a Concept Racing fuel tank recently?

Postby BJ1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:47 pm

flatbeat wrote:All of the same reasons as above.....

Hi Bri :D Did you not see the pic of the Bay tank I had fitted ? Needed a return for Carbs/Turbo FPR and T 'ing the original outlet is cats....the Concept tank return is in the top so returning fuel doesn't have to 'push' against the weight of a tank full of fuel.

Might take longer to fill but then we need less stops to fill up with :wink: :D

That bay tank and all bits needed to fit it are up for sale :wink:

Cheers
Nige

Yo Nige - I get it now. All that FPR and stuff is too much for an old f*rt (parp) like me! Might be interested in the bay tank for the latest money pit.
1967 Devon from Devon still in Devon
1967 Sundial from Idaho
1971 Westfalia from LA
1971 patina Delux from Montana
1972 Devon now owned by No 1 son!

flatbeat
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Postby flatbeat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Well you're still having fun mate so not so old :wink: :D That was a cool trip to Corwall :wink:
15w does try me at times tho but then it's sooo much fun dragging away from the traffic lights. There not much around that doesn't end up in the rearview :wink: :lol:

I am old enough to have a failing memory tho' but....just remembered owe you a thanks for the link to call blocker :wink:

Cheers
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

1962 15 Window Turkis 2110 Turbo
1965 11 Window aka 'Rustina'.
1957 Oval aka 'Rustet'.

malum
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Postby malum » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:16 am

flatbeat wrote:My thoughts exactly cos it was extreme ! But I'm running dual Dellorto carbs/Turbo not efi....injectors wouldn't let fuel into the cylinders like carbs.
Thinking about his one as it states very clearly breaths in and out but no fuel escapes in event of turning over 8O
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... ther-valve

Need to phone and find out the dimensions to see if it's gonna fit in the filler recess.

Seems like an expensive way of doing the same thing although I see your point if you've had an issue with the cheap valve.
You could put it in the engine bay as long as it's vertical and you then run a hose from the other end to the vent hole in the filler plate. Might not be room to have it vertical in there though.

flatbeat
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Postby flatbeat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:52 am

malum wrote:
flatbeat wrote:My thoughts exactly cos it was extreme ! But I'm running dual Dellorto carbs/Turbo not efi....injectors wouldn't let fuel into the cylinders like carbs.
Thinking about his one as it states very clearly breaths in and out but no fuel escapes in event of turning over 8O
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... ther-valve

Need to phone and find out the dimensions to see if it's gonna fit in the filler recess.

Seems like an expensive way of doing the same thing although I see your point if you've had an issue with the cheap valve.
You could put it in the engine bay as long as it's vertical and you then run a hose from the other end to the vent hole in the filler plate. Might not be room to have it vertical in there though.

No not cheap is it. I think I'll just leave the 3" pipe sticking up....it is at least above the level of the filler cap
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

1962 15 Window Turkis 2110 Turbo
1965 11 Window aka 'Rustina'.
1957 Oval aka 'Rustet'.

malum
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Postby malum » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Yeah should be fine, you'd really have to go round a corner to get anything to come out of that. I only put the valve on the end of mine because I had it in my toolbox from my old tank.

Return to “Technical”